Brussels International Airport is an increasingly popular hub, and has unrivaled connections to Central Africa.
For transatlantic connections, the following are available:
- Air Canada: direct from Montreal
- Brussels Airlines: direct from New York-JFK and Washington Dulles
- Delta: direct from Atlanta and New York-JFK
- United: direct from Chicago O’Hare, Newark and Washington Dulles
- US Airways: direct from Philadelphia and Charlotte
As the capital of the European Union and home to NATO’s Headquarters, Brussels has a vast selection of international schools:
- The International School of Brussels
- St John’s International School
- The British School of Brussels
- Brussels American School
- Lycee Francais, Brussels
- The Scandinavian School of Brussels
- The four different European Schools in Brussels
From Brussels, you have a number of options:
- Use the Thalys train to head into the Netherlands and visit Amsterdam International School and the American School of the Hague, then use Amsterdam Schipol airport for your onward journey.
- Catch the High Speed Eurostar direct to London (2 hours 22 minutes, EUR 45, www.eurostar.com) and continue your visits at the various international schools there. See TASIS’s pages for info
- Head south to Paris via Thalys and visit the international schools in Paris
- Hire a car to travel to UWC Maastricht and AF North nearby, a journey of about 2 hours by car.