Amsterdam Schipol Aiport is one of the world’s largest and busiest, with many transatlantic connections:
- Delta: direct from Atlanta, Boston, Detroit, Minneapolis / St Paul, New York-JFK, New York-Newark, Portland and Seattle
- KLM: direct from Chicago O’Hare, Houston, Los Angeles, Montreal, New York-JFK, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver and Washington-Dulles
- United: direct from Chicago O’Hare, Houston, Newark and Washington-Dulles
Train travel is very convenient:
- Train schedules for travel within The Netherlands can be viewed through the NS website.
- Tickets can be booked through this website only with European bank card. Tickets for travel can easily be bought at ticket counter at Schipol or other rail stations.
- It is possible to view train times and/or book tickets from Dutch and/or major Belgian train stations is through NS International website.
- Tickets can be booked up to three months in advance
- The rates for Thalys train tickets are least expensive when bought as close to three months in advance as possible. The rates for other train tickets are the same irregardless of when they are bought.
Day One: Amsterdam and Antwerp
Start your visit in Amsterdam by visiting The International School of Amsterdam and the American School of the Hague, before catching the train to Antwerp to visit The International School of Amsterdam. All train bookings can be made via https://www.b-europe.com/Travel
Day Two: Brussels and Belgium
Fill your day with visits to many of Brussels’ international schools:
- The International School of Brussels
- St John’s International School
- The British School of Brussels
- Brussels American School
- Lycee Francais, Brussels
- The Scandinavian School of Brussels
- The four different European Schools in Brussels
From Brussels, you have a number of options:
- Catch the High Speed Eurostar direct to London (2 hours 22 minutes, EUR 45, www.eurostar.com) and continue your visits at the various international schools there. See TASIS’s pages for info
- Head south to Paris via Thalys and visit the international schools in Paris
- Hire a car to travel to UWC Maastricht and AF North nearby, a journey of about 2 hours by car.